Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Angry brow
Clenched fists
hidden behind a mask of smiles and "its all-rights"
Hiding the heart that has once again turned love to anger

You see, its easier to be angry
To put up walls
to not let You in

But really its harder in the end
And as I sit here and listen to Ann share the road to joy
paved in thanks, thanks in all things, because You are in all things
And You are always good
And what You have given me right now is very good

I want, O Lord a heart that is always giving thanks but I know that in my sinfulness, anger often takes its place. 

Lord forgive me and change me
transfigure me by Your grace
Let me never forget what You have given me

You gave Yourself upon the cross
How can I ask for more
I lust and hunger for lesser things 
wondering why they do not fill

Yet You continue Your grace to out-pour
You give me breath for one more moment
You give me tears to wipe away the pain
You give me heartache that my heart might ache for You!!

You give me nieces and nephews
You give me love of dear friends
You give me salvation--once and for all!

You give me Yourself, on Your name I call
You give me grace upon grace
and still give me more!

Your name I will praise. You I adore!
Lord You have saved me; You have loved me
You have and You will

You are the I am
the unchanging ever present God! Lord I thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment