Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wrestling

Anxiety is a monster
It eats away at me
there's tension building inside
Hidden so you can't see

I sit and try to unwind
My muscles grow sore
I've felt it before
It goes straight to the core

My head starts to pound
I start at each sound
My heart keeps pace
its starting to race

I can't get away
What can I say
I wish I could rest
but I want to give you my best

How to let go?
Does somebody know?
I open my hands
I offer my heart
Lord take me apart

Apart--this anxiety wears me out
I'm coming to pieces
from the fear and the doubt

Apart--"Come apart and rest,"
"I've given you My Best."
"Come you who are weary
Whose load is heavy
Whose way is dreary"

I am starting to see
Its not at all about me
I turn and I bend
I cry out to My Friend!

Lord, I can't
And You don't tell me I can
Instead You whisper, "Lean on Me, my child,
I'll carry you til the end."

(probably not my best work--but in the spirit of transparency--both of my imperfect writing and my struggle with anxiety, here it is)



No comments:

Post a Comment