Monday, August 20, 2012

Why run?


Sometimes I find myself doing just that...  the situation is too hard or things are turning out differently than I had planned..
And when I run away from God's gifts for my day I am like the Levite and the priest who passed the wounded man by. To busy to be inconvenienced  too calloused to care, too self-focused to really see what God has given me today. 



I want to see the measure of my days with new eyes. To let go of my control and yield to Him. To thank Him for ALL gifts...because as someone wrote once--- "We should not look at the gift and say, 'it is good and therefore it must be from God,' rather we should look at the gift and say 'it is from God and so it must be good.'" There is great acceptance and great peace in recognizing that all we have is a gift from the Good Giver. " 


"Be thankful in all circumstances for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


No comments:

Post a Comment