Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Waiting

I have been thinking a lot about waiting lately---

I was reading about David, after his anointing but before he became king. He was running from Saul and when he did not wait on the Lord but instead allowed fear to drive him, he lied and many lost thier lives for helping him. In the next chapter he stopped to wait on the Lord for His direction and the Lord led him clearly in the way that he should go. What a contrast.

Then I read Psalm 27:13-14 and the tears stung my eyes as I realized my own failing to follow these words. And yet my heart rejoiced in the hope that these words speak.

"I would have lost hope unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment