Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Look up!

I was thinking a lot about storms today,
 and fear because for me the two often go hand in hand.
 I enjoy a good thunderstorm now and then..
 but only if it is not too big
 and the winds don't blow too hard
 and I am inside and not outside
 or in a tent or in a car... 
and the list of conditions goes on. 




You see I like control. 

But the reality I have none. Not now, not yesterday, not tomorrow, not ever. And thank the Lord for that. 

And I thought of Peter. Peter, who was so excited to see the Lord that he forgot that he couldn't swim, and jumped out of the boat and miraculously walked toward his Lord.

But then he saw the waves and started to sink.


Isn't that what happens to us. In the storms of life, the things that we fear, whether it be death, or sickness, suffering or sorrow, pain or loss... the waves of fear overwhelm us and we take our eyes off Christ. 

We fail to see the miracle in the midst of the storm. The very trial that we are facing is really for His glory and our sanctification. But instead we see the waves of fear and we start to sink. 

May we instead see Christ and Him glorified and give Thanks in all things. May we see the miracle in the trials and may His name be praised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment