Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Risk of Love

I don't know if I can even full express the thought that has been running through my head the last few days. I have been thinking about Advent, and preparing my heart to celebrate His birth, and marveling that He came. 

I mean, to think that the God of the universe--the Creator and Sustainer of all that we see would stoop to come to earth as a newborn baby--to live and die for me is amazing! 

But then it struck me--even before He created us He knew that He would have to send His Son to die. The all-knowing God, knew full well that His creation would rebel and sin and that the only way to restore that relationship would be to send His Beloved Son to the cross. And He created us anyways. 

So when life seems hard, and He seems far away, trust in the unfailing love of a God who loved us so much that He would rather send His Son to die for us than not even create us in the first place. The God who loves us so much that He created us, knit us together in our mother's womb and relentlessly pursues His lost creation to bring them back to Him. 

Oh what a love!

No comments:

Post a Comment