Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Footprints

  I was reading Moses's address to the children of Israel; recounting the faithfulness of the Lord as they journeyed in the wilderness and I noticed a few things.

  "The Lord your God, who goes before you..." (Deut. 1:30a)---The Lord God lead the way--when they arrived at their next destination He was already there. They were never without the presence of the Lord. I take comfort in this as I travel at the end of this week that as I go the Lord is with me but He also goes before me as only the omnipresent God can. When I arrive at each new place He is already there.

  "The Lord your God carried you as a man carries his son" (Deut. 1:31b). Not only did the Lord of the universe, Creator of all things go before them--but He carried them. And not in a rough, uncaring way but in the way that a father carries his son---
in the hold of His comfort,
in the safety of His arms,
 in the discipline of His embrace,
He carries me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment