Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Word Became Flesh

I have been thinking about the importance of sharing the gospel--and what that looks like in my day to day life. 

I have thought about famous quotes from great theologians like Sir Francis of Assisi who said "Preach the word at all times, and when necessary use words." And I have wondered--is it ever unnecessary?

Can we effectively share the truth about who the Lord Jesus is by    actions alone? And if not what is the role of words? I mean, we all agree, I hope, that our lives should reflect the Lord Jesus Christ, but many of us would disagree about when and how we speak of Him to those around us.

I don't want to debate methods--but I want to just point out what the Lord showed me from His word this week "The Word became flesh." John 1:1 I think that this answers the question---there is no either or the Word was Incarnated for us. We must speak and we must act as our Lord has called us to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment