Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Loved and appreciated

During lunch one day last week my friend's husband bowed and gave thanks for our meal and prayed that on that day specifically I would feel loved and appreciated. As I sat there holding hands around their kitchen table I nearly choked on the quick rush of tears that came to my eyes. I knew that even as the prayer was prayed that the Lord had been and was and would answer that sweet prayer. 

It was a day that could have been filled with self-pity, and loneliness but the Lord filled it with love,and hope and joy in His presence and through His people. I am forever grateful. 
He repeated to my heart that day the promise "I will never leave you." With each act of kindness, with each encouraging word, with each simple gift, my heart swelled with the love sent to me from God above. That the Creator God cares to make my birthday special is a wonder far beyond my understanding! Thank you Lord. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment