Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Counting...

I am starting again
I am attempting again to discipline myself to count 1,000 gifts that the Lord has given me because the act of giving thanks will change my heart. Thanksgiving is an act of acceptance of God's all-powerfulness, His sovereignty, and my complete dependence on Him. Thanksgiving is the opposite of complaining and I do all too much of that.
So I am going to begin again to count... and because the Lord is a great Giver of gifts I hope that I will never stop counting even after I reach 1,000. 


1. Fried eggs with runny yokes
2. Warm showers that wash away the dirt and stress and remind me of the washing of the water of the Word!
3. Happy meal toys with disproportionate parts that make me laugh
4. extra time to sleep this morning
5.Nothing going "right" remind me that my Sovereign Lord is in control of my days.
6.Friends who freely give
7. good pens, because writing a list of thanks is like writing a love letter to the Lord for all that He has done, and (if you have read Anne of Windy Poplars) you know that having just the right pen is important. 
8. the camaraderie of suffering
9. Being woken up early enough to have my quiet time and begin my day without being rushed
10. hot corn bags to soothe away pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment