Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas joy

I was reading and thinking today about the joy of the Lord. So often I feel a twist and a pang when I read and think about this because I know that so often my fears, my worries, my sin, keeps me from experiencing His joy. I am so easily distracted by the chaos of life. I am so quickly discouraged by my inability to get it right. I take my eyes of Him and am sucked in to unhealthy introspection that only leaves me sad and discouraged.



and then this morning I read
     "Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of men! And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of His deeds in songs of Joy!" Psalm 106:21-22

It's not about what I have done but what He has done! 



And so as we celebrate Christmas time let us "repeat the sounding joy!" 



Share His joy---the story of a life transformed. Not a life here made perfect but a life here made complete. A life that is hidden in His life.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment