Friday, December 14, 2012

Count Down to Christmas

I wish that I had been better this year about keeping Advent but I am really only 4 days into my Advent devotional and I don't feel quite ready for Christmas. So I thought that I would share here some of my favorite thoughts and reflections about Christmas--perhaps write my own little Advent devotional as I reflect on the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

One of my favorite Christmas songs of all time is Immanuel by Michael Card. It is an incredible song that reflects the beauty of this name of Christ.

Immanuel--God with us, is the name given to the prophet Isaiah (7:14) "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign, behold the virgin will conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

To me this is one of the most precious names of Christ. The depth of love that it speaks of that God would become a man,walk this earth, suffer with us and for us, to bring us to Himself! What a Savior!


No comments:

Post a Comment