Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Best of 2012

I was challenged when reading over @ incourage to create this list---a list of the blessings that I have experienced this year.

The best book I read: One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp. I read and re-read this book. I bought over 10 copies and gave them all away. If you haven't read this you should. 

The best gift I received: A sticker from a little boy at the office who is one of my favorite kids. He ran over and gave me a hug, looked at the two stickers in his hand and said "This one's for you," as he handed it to me. 

The best meal I cooked: Sweet Potato Chicken Curry. Probably one of the only recipes that I have ever repeated. Yum.

The best event of this year: My brother marrying his beautiful bride, Katie. Yeah for sisters!

The best trip of the year: Istanbul, Turkey visiting Amy. Talking until we didn't need to talk anymore. 

The best restaurant: The Indian place that Katie's family took us to down in NC. 


The best message heard: Podcast by Nate Bramsen over @ theunfilteredword.org--"When Life Doesn't Make Sense."

The best church family: Northgate Bible Chapel.

The best Family tradition: Friday night pizza. 




The best habit formed: reading the Bible through the year

The best sweatpants: Iroquoina all the way. 

The best song: Let Me Rediscover You, by Downhere tied for first place with Jason Gray's Remind Me who I am. 




The best of all. Jesus Christ my Lord. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. And every good gift is the gift of His hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment