Thursday, June 21, 2012

Confirmed and Affirmed

I had the most amazing experience the last two days.

As some of you know the last year or so has been incredibly hard for me as I have wrestled with questions of faith that I thought I already knew the answers to, and at times it frightened me that I was even asking them. 


But I always come back to the fact that I know that my Redeemer lives and on the earth again shall stand! I know Who it is Who called me and nothing can separate me from His love. 


To give you some background as to why the last 2 days were amazing; I recently applied for and did not get a job that I thought I wanted. It was a quiet,safe kind of job--inside my comfort zone not outside of it as my current job is. But over the last few days since I found out that I did not get the job the Lord Jesus has been re-affirming to me time and time again that where I am is where He wants me. 


Yesterday at church was one of those days when I was overwhelmed questions that I was scared to ask.I felt very unsettled and I cried out to the Lord asking for His peace,and His word to fill me and answer my desperate pleas. 


One of the ways I believe that He does this is found in John 10 where He says "My sheep hear My voice."  There is nothing more calming to this poor sheep than to hear the voice of my Savior and Lord. 


Not only did He speak to me, calming my fears, but He spoke to me so clearly about where He has placed me. Not once but 6 times between yesterday and today the Lord brought people into my life who told me that where I am is where I am called to be. Some of these people do not even know each other, and one of them doesn't even know me! 


I am constantly amazed at how the Lord answers out prayers giving us what we need even when we don't know our own hearts well enough to ask for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment