Saturday, June 30, 2012

He has shown thee..

Had a beautiful day today at one of the sweetest spots on earth--
I enjoyed seeing many old friends and making some new ones as well
I was really blessed by the brief mediation one of my dear friends shared with us today.


He read from Micah 6:6-8 and focused on the last verse as a blessing on his son, but I was struck by the first 2 verses he read and their reflection of the good news that we are called to bring to the world. 


The writer asks, "With what shall I come before the LORD?"
Before a holy and righteous God none can stand. 
Romans 3 reminds us that "all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God"
Without the Lord Jesus Christ, we are all without hope, separated from God. 


In Micah 6:7 the writer continues, trying to discover how he can approach a Holy God when he is a sinner. He asks "shall I give my firstborn for my transgression?" 


And here there is a beautiful prophetic foreshadowing as the LORD God, the Creator of the universe, will answer in the person of His Son, Jesus. His answer is No, we could not give anything we have for the forgiveness of our sin but in His great love for us He "gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life."


The perfect, holy, Son of the Almighty, Living God came and lived and died and rose again that we could know Him and receive eternal life.


One of my favorite verses put it this way "And this is eternal life that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." (John 17:3)


The God of the universe wants you to know Him. He invites you to call on Him as Savior and Lord of your life. Will you surrender today?





No comments:

Post a Comment