Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

To my Dad
Thank you for all you've done
for early morning Perkin's dates
(And telling me I am special)
for wrestling with us
(And letting us think we are strong)
for giving us  "under-dog's" on the tire swing
(And teaching us to soar high)
For helping me with my homework
(and showing me where true wisdom comes from)
For "post office" trips
(And teaching me to enjoy the simple things in life)
For driving hours in the car for family trips
(and thereby making the point that family is important)
For saying "no" when I called you from work and asked you to pick me up
(And teaching me to confront my fears and stand firm in the Lord)
For loving mom
(and modeling how marriage is supposed to be)
For all these things and so many more...
Thank you, Dad
I love you. 





1 comment:

  1. I love this! Touching and lovely. You are a very lucky girl! And your Dad is a very lucky Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete