Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Counting more

14. a beautiful sunrise this morning that reminded me of this: 

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.
1 Chronicles 29:11

15. These amazing gluten-free recipes! Finding new things that Heather can eat is so fun! 


*disclaimer: results not typical
(actually my pancakes were much smaller--I just thought this picture was funny)

Wild blueberries 
(actually--those are tapioca balls from bubble tea, and I don't recommend that!)

This 2nd recipe I modified quite a bit: here's my version

3/4 cup of dark buckwheat flour (I omitted the flaxseed)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 apples, peeled and grated (I used some left over fruit salad--pears, apples and bananas ~ 1 1/2 cups and chopped it in the food processor)
3 Tablespoons of coconut oil, melted (I used regular vegetable oil)

Additions:

1/2 cup of blueberries, (I used shredded coconut)
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
I  really liked the way they turned out--but you should know that they hardly rise at all--so however thick they are before you bake them is how thick they will be after you bake them. Also I think in the future I will add a little sweetener (honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, etc) and some salt. 


16. getting my car back from the shop! Thankful for the blessing and burden of car ownership--blessed to have my own care when so many in this world don't even have their own bed. And the burden of car ownership--reminding me of His grace because I hardly ever know what is going on with car stuff and must depend on others. May I learn to daily remember that I don't really know what is going on with life stuff and must depend on Him!!

17. Thankful for the kindness of strangers--that the man @ the auto parts store used the extra time he had on hand to put my headlight in for me :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment