Friday, April 13, 2012

Choosing Joy

Since I was in college this phrase "Choose Joy" has run through my mind. I first saw it in the notes that my RA sent us from time to time to encourage us in the midst of a hard semester. I believe that these words are true--Joy is a choice. I can choose to see the mud on my feet and the rain pouring down or I can choose to see the rainbow breaking through the clouds. But more than that I can thank God for the rain, and praise Him for the mud--giving thanks in all circumstances!

This blog-- I hope, and pray, will be my way to practice the discipline of choosing Joy. In the Lord Jesus I have glorious access to the real Joy-giver and I want to know Him more.

Philippians 2: 14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment