Friday, April 27, 2012

Judge not...

  So often I am so quick to see the faults in others. Without even being consciously aware of it I make snap judgments; I believe stereotypes; and I self-righteously think of myself more highly than I ought. 
  And then the Lord stops me in my tracks, put me in front of the Mirror of His word, and says "what do you see?" To my shame I see my own wickedness. I see the ugliness of my self-righteousness. I see myself and with Paul I cry out "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death!(Romans 7:24)" And if the Scripture stopped there what a mess I would be in.
  But it does not stop there, Paul goes on in verse 25 "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" He has delivered me!
  
This picture is from Jerusalem... 
at the place where some scholars believe that Jesus bore the nails for me. 
Directly to the left of this photo is the garden tomb with this blessed truth  there inscribed 
"He is not here! He is risen!"




   As I bow the knee, dear Lord, confessing my sins again..
Unkindness, self-righteousness, self-centeredness, 
Forgive me Lord I pray
I thank you Lord that Your mercies are new every morning
that your forgiveness never ends. 
Thank you for loving me on the basis of who You are not because of who I am. 
Thank you Lord that I am kept by grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment