Saturday, April 14, 2012

Life is Beautiful



I love this song---I know that it is a love song, but there is something in it that speaks to me of more than just the relationship between a man and woman. Hear these words "Life is beautiful, life is wondrous and every star above is shining just for us. Life is beautiful on a stormy night 'cuz somewhere in the world hope is shining bright." I hear in these words the testimony of the Creator God to His bride, the church--He made this world and all that is in it so that we might seek Him. (Acts 17:24-28). And His promise is--"I will never leave you nor forsake you." Even when the storms of life beat on us we can trust in the fact that Jesus Christ died and is risen and the hope that shines bright in this world is that gospel truth. You see, there is never any darkness so dark that it can drown out the light! My prayer for myself is that I would be a reflection of the Light of the World; bearing testimony that the light shines bright even in the storms of life!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_GNu8jaSA


Today was a glorious day!
Spent time with my sister
Shopped at my two favorite stores, Wegmans and Goodwill
Enjoyed devos this morning from James 2--Faith without works is dead.
Challenged by my friend's thoughts about James 2--Abraham & Rahab--their faith was demonstrated by an act of sacrifice!
Did laundry and finished it! Yeah for clean clothes
Made whoopie pies for youth group tomorrow! Yum and so easy with a Duncan Hines whoopie pie kit!
Made dinner with my sister and her boyfriend--we rocked that homemade pizza! Barbecue ham with provolone, mushroom & broccoli with feta, chili & cheddar foldover!
Watched Remember the Titans
Praise the Lord for His goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment