Sunday, May 13, 2012

Near to God

The past two weeks during the worship time at church the Lord has woven together some beautiful thoughts and I thought I would share what I have gleaned. (The way the Spirit moves is amazing!)


Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to those who have a broken-heart." 
(Thankful for this--may the Lord continue to break my heart before Him; in repentance, in joy, and in godly sorrow for the needs of this world.)


                       Guatemala, La Limonad 2007


"No longer far from Him but now by precious blood made nigh, Accepted in the Well-Beloved near to God's heart we lie." (Behold What Love, Robert Boswell)


1 Peter 2:10 "Who were once not a people but are now the people of God."






Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him."



"So near so very near to God, I cannot nearer be, for in the person of His Son I am as near as He." (A Mind at Perfect Peace with God, Catesby Paget)


Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present not things to come, nor height nor depth nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."



"What have I to dread? what have I to fear? leaning on the everlasting arms? I have blessed peace with my Lord so near, leaning on the everlasting arms." (Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, Elisha Hoffman, check out this you-tube video for a priceless rendition

I thought this picture went with the song above, 
because the memory I have of this day is that the Lord used His people,
 my dear brothers & sisters in Christ, 
to reach down & give me a much needed hug. 
Thank you Lord For being near to me!




Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus you who were once far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."


James 4:8 "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment