Thursday, May 17, 2012

Resurrection

The words seem so empty "I am sorry for your loss"
They hang in the air, they fill the room
the place is full of darkness and gloom
The sorrow could choke you, if you breath in to deep
the pain is palpable, the still-reeling loved ones don't weep

On another such day these words ring out 
"I heard a thousand trumpets..."
The voices sing and shout
 With faces upturned 
 their hearts full of joy

Joy swells above the sorrow below
the love of the Lord doth overflow
The loved ones are comforted
He knows our pain,
Sorrow may last for this earthly night
With the morn cometh joy at last

each week we will gather
to remember the One who lives and was dead
Our Lord Jesus risen, 
the church's living head

together we remember, our Lord we glorify
Tears roll down my cheeks
In Him I live because for me He did die

 My sorrow mingles with my joy
the sorrow of repentance draws me close to Him
there is no loss, there is only gain
My soul is saved by Jesus' Name
 

No comments:

Post a Comment