Tuesday, May 1, 2012

it's not always easy...

Today was not an easy day.
Grumbling and complaining surrounded me, negativity seemed to dog my steps, and just when I think that I am "so good" self-righteousness rears it's ugly head. 
You see the problem is in my own flesh I don't want to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. No, the reality is that I want others to do unto me as they would have me do unto them. It is easy to do unto others when they are doing unto you, right? But when they are not it suddenly becomes a whole lot harder. And that is where the rubber meets the road. Ephesians 6:5-7 says 

"Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men,"

When I serve the people around me with sincerity, treating them as I want to be treated, then my work becomes an act of worship to the Lord. When I am obedient to Him in esteeming others better than myself He is pleased. 

Unfortunately, it is not easy. I write this post tonight as a sermon as much to myself as anyone else. I care too much for the opinions of this world. Too often the world's thinking creeps into my mind and I fail to obey my Lord.
Father, make me faithful to serve You alone! That everything I do would be to Your glory and praise. Lord I submit my will to Yours; exchange my heart of stone for Your heart; and my weak mind for Your strength. Father transform me that I may be the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment